Re-Opening Updates 7/8/2020
Hello Roca Community!
Welcome Back! We are excited to see you back at the gym and/or in our yoga studio!
On 7/8/2020, the City of Rochester passed a face mask mandate, requiring that all people wear a face mask in businesses. The State of Minnesota then also passed a state-wide mask mandate on 7/25/2020. Remember to please wear your mask while entering, exiting, and socializing (when your feet are on the ground) in our gym. You can remove your mask while climbing, in the yoga studio, and while exercising. If you forget your mask, we will ask that you purchase one at the Front Desk ($1.00) upon entry to our facility.
On June 10, Governor Walz announced that all fitness facilities (climbing gyms) can re-open at 25% capacity with social distancing guidelines. Therefore, we are excited to announce that Roca has re-opened (at a limited capacity) as of June 10! We are allowing ALL USERS (Members, Punch Cards, & Single Session users) to book a Climbing Session and/or take a yoga class!
All climbers MUST pre-register for the 1 hour & 50 min climbing sessions. Use the blue Registration button above to reserve your climbing session! We will have all of our climbing areas open as well as the upstairs fitness area.
Members can use their monthly guest pass as well. Just sign your guest up under your reservation booking under the member participant.
Punch Card Users, please register all climbers who are coming with you and sharing your punch card. If you need to refill or purchase a new punch card, you can do so ahead of time. Purchase your Punch card online today!
Single Session Climbers pass includes rental harness, shoes, and chalk if you purchase session online. This pass is only good for the climbing session time that you have pre-registered for. This pass is non-refundable.
In-person Yoga Classes and class are open to all! Class size is very limited (6 person maximum). We still offer Zoom Online Yoga classes as well.
Reserve your yoga class on our Yoga Schedule page!
Saturday & Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm
- We are open with a limited capacity. We will be limiting to 40 climbers in the gym at a time. We will be open to all Members, Punch Card, and Single Session users.
- All Climbers must use our NEW online RESERVATION system to book a climbing session time slot. Sessions are for 1 hour and 50 minutes. The 10 min time in between sessions is for our staff to clean gym surfaces and help with social distancing while we transition between sessions. We ask that you leave the facility during that 10 min cleaning time, so that staff can clean and get ready for the next sessions of climbers.
- You can purchase a Membership, a Punch Card, or a Single Session climbing pass online and come in to use it at your reservation time! Go to our Rates & Membership page to purchase a Membership or Punch Card, then sign-up for a climbing session to begin!
- We know that many people schedules have changed dramatically as a result of the closure. If at all possible, in order to maximize everyone’s climbing time, we encourage you to use the gym outside of our peak hours (we usually see the most people Mon-Thurs evenings).
- Everyone who enters the gym must wear a face mask, except when actively climbing, exercising, in a yoga class, eating or drinking. Face masks must entirely cover face and nose. Our Roca Staff will be wearing their masks while interacting with you. We have disposable masks for purchase at the Front Desk for $1.00. Because of the City of Rochester mandate, we will be enforcing our mask policies.
- Yoga and Fitness classes in-person are on up and running. We are offering Zoom classes (Free for Members and $5 fee for Non-members). We require sign-ups for all yoga classes (both in-person and Zoom) through on our website. Check out our Yoga Schedule for new classes added weekly.
Checking In Process
- Climbers will be asked to sanitize their hands first thing upon arrival, and regularly throughout their session.
- You must wear your mask in our facility. Masks do not need to be worn when climbing, on the exercise equipment, or in your yoga class. But you can always keep in on the whole time, if you’d like to!
- If it is your first visit back, please stop at the front desk to unfreeze your membership and/or check in for your climbing session or yoga class.
- If you are a climber under 14 years old, you Must have an adult chaperone. One adult chaperone can supervise up to 3 youth climbers. NO other children, family members, or spectators are allowed in the gym if they are not the assigned adult chaperone due to our limited capacity.
Health & Safety Measures
Any person who is feeling sick or experiencing symptoms related to Covid-19, or who has recently been exposed to someone who may have been infected, will not be allowed to come to the gym.
Symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, recent loss of taste or smell, or any other respiratory illness symptoms.
All participants will be expected to abide by social distancing guidelines with all other climbers, guests, and staff members.
Please maintain a distance of 6 feet apart while in the facility.
Wash your hands regularly. All climbers must wash their hands before, during and after climbing or using the fitness area. Washing or sanitizing intermittently during your climbing session and immediately after is also strongly encouraged.
Roca staff will be wearing their masks throughout the gym. We require that you wear a mask in the facility as well. You can remove your mask while on the fitness equipment, in the yoga studio or while climbing. Wearing your mask is a courtesy for others.
Bring your own climbing gear. Rental gear will be very limited during this first phase of reopening. We strongly encourage you to bring your own gear or buy gear from our Pro shop. Remember, all Members get a 15% DISCOUNT on all Pro shop items.
Please bring your own water bottle. We will have our water bottle filling station open, but the drinking fountains will be temporarily off limits. We have water bottles and bottles of water for purchase here at our Pro shop.
- We understand that many members may not feel comfortable coming in to the gym at this time. For this reason, we are allowing monthly Members to remain frozen at no charge during the pandemic.
- To unfreeze your membership, you must first book your climbing session reservation online and then come in to the gym to complete the unfreeze at the front desk. It is not possible to unfreeze your membership online.
- All Roca Memberships were frozen March 17 automatically (unless you filled out the COVID-19 form to opt-in to continue paying or stay active). There will be no related fees to the freeze.
- All EFT memberships have a credit on their account from the March temporary closure unless you opted to not take the credit for March. You can redeem this credit when unfreezing your membership at the front desk on your first day back. Everyone was frozen automatically, unless you opted in.
- All Prepaid Month and Yearly Members were automatically frozen on March 17 (unless you told us to opt-in to stay active). Once you come in and unfreeze at the gym, the time the membership was frozen will be added to the end of your membership expiration date.
Group Events and Youth Programs
- All Youth Climb Team members were sent an email explaining Climb Team information. Please email or call us with questions.
- Youth Climb Team is postponed until further notice.
- We will not be hosting group events.
- Birthday Party options will not be available.
- Youth Summer Camps will begin in mid-July and August and be limited to 10 climbers!
- Youth Climbing Classes (Beginners, Intermediates, Parent/Child) will begin in July and be limited to 4 students per class.
Please note that these measures are provisional, and will continually be updated in accordance with local guidelines.
We have thoughtfully reviewed policies and information from accredited sources and government resources, and have made many of our decisions based on industry-wide guidelines.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP SUPPORT
- PURCHASE A GIFT CARD:Your gift card purchase now will help us tremendously in the future and give you the flexibility of many purchase options when we reopen!
- PURCHASE A PUNCH CARD:Secure your punch card (climbing or yoga) now and remember that punch cards never expire and can be shared!
- PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP:Join our amazing community of climbers and yogis. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Roca Climbing & Fitness is a small, locally owned business employing 36 people from the Rochester area; they, along with our members (you!), are the community that helped build this gym. For that, we have always been committed to providing the best experience possible.
Thank you for being a part of our community!
Karen & Jeremy Schaar, Owners
SAT & SUN: 10am-6pm
Full Tilt Competition (2/21/20 & 2/22/20)
Easter Day (4/12/20)
Memorial Day (5/25/20)
4th of July (7/4/20)
Thanksgiving Day (11/26/20)
Christmas Eve (12/24/20)
Christmas Day (12/25/20)